Carports are handy for protecting your vehicle from sun and weather damage. However, it doesn’t offer the same level of protection as an enclosed space. If you want to increase your car’s security or create additional space for storage, consider a carport conversion. Our professionals can transform your carport into a more functional space, whether a garage, storage shed, man cave, or she-shed!
Our Garage to Apartment Conversion Process
Converted garages can be great places for your aging parents or recently graduated college students to call home. You can even rent out these studio apartments and receive passive income on the side. No matter how you use the newly renovated space, you can trust it will withstand the test of time. When you hire our in-law suite contractors, you can expect us to follow these crucial steps during a garage to apartment conversion:
- Perform a site and property assessment to verify ADU possibility and potential
- Explore the different types of ADU options and decide which will best suit your needs in terms of cost and return on investment
- Design the ADU, including its size, location, access, and interior and exterior features
- Issue architectural plans
- Issue structural engineer plans (if needed based on the type of ADU)
- Submit for city review and approval
- Pull construction and remodeling permit once approved by the city
- Conduct construction and remodeling as plans call for
- Go through city inspections during construction and remodeling
- Perform a final walk-through to ensure your approval
So Much More Than Garage Conversion Builders
ODM Construction has been in the home remodeling business for over 25 years and can make all your dreams come true. In addition to garage conversions, we also specialize in new construction and home additions. We can give you all the space you need to love your home! Review our portfolio for inspiration, and then reach out to our experts to begin designing your new space.