Wondering what happens when you call us for new construction services? Here’s what you can expect from our residential construction services:
- We’ll begin the process with a short 5-15 minute conversation about your goals for remodeling or building. During this meeting, we’ll ask important questions about your space and your vision for it. If we are a good fit for each other, we’ll schedule a free in-home consultation so we can have a more in-depth discussion.
- We’ll come out to the site to begin discussing new construction solutions, and you’ll meet the contractor team. During this stage, we’ll discuss the budget and initial price ranges, which will become more fleshed out as we proceed with the new housing plans.
- You’ll meet with our architects and choose the one who best understands your vision and needs. We will manage the building consultations during the design phase, so there are no surprises when it comes to expenses or timelines.
- Once we have a floor plan for your new construction solution, it’s time to sign the contract for your new construction home. You’ll also receive a final price at this stage.
- There are two contracts that we use: “fixed price,” which comes with a cost and a handful of allowances for extra details, and “cost-plus,” which allows for more pricing flexibility. We’ll also take care of the bureaucratic paperwork, such as engineering, city permits, and HOA approval.
- We begin building! The average time for new construction services ranges from 8 to 10 months. The entire process (from the time you sign the contract to when we hand over the keys) spans about 12 to 14 months. Once your new home is ready, we’ll host an open house so you can enjoy showing off your amazing new space to neighbors, friends, and family members!
- When the majority of the construction is done, we will walk through it with you and create a “touch-up” list that documents any items that are incomplete or unsatisfactory. Once this list is compiled, the touch-up crew will go through and take care of every item on the list to your satisfaction. The final newly remodeled space always makes the process worthwhile!